I've been taking a trip down memory lane - partly because we spent the 4th of July at the farm in Idaho with some of my family, and it's been quite awhile since we've been there for the 4th. It's also partly due to Monica's trip down memory lane and all the days that we spent working in the park in Cedar City on the 4th of July. Anyway, I found a few pictures to share.
(I found three more that were even further back and I decided to put them in .... See if you recognize them.)
Bicentennial
4th of July Parade
1976
Gunnison, UT
Do you recognize the cowboy and cowgirl under the "Tapes" sign?
1979
Richfield, UT
1980
Richfield, UT
4th of July parade in Buhl, Idaho: 1992 (I remember lots of tractors!)
Always followed by a picnic on the farm....
Which always ended with a water fight on the lawn......................
1996
1997
And sometimes there were raspberries to pick......
This year we missed the parade, but we made the picnic afterwards!
The faces were the same.........just grown a little older!
L to R: Jennie & Bert Montgomery, Dorothy & Lynn Montgomery, Polly & Max Montgomery, Standing - Ron & Devera Alvey, Karen Vecera
The water fight was the same........
2008
........................but some of us had grown older and a new "crop" of "young ones" came along!
And the fireworks were great!!!
Once in awhile we spent the 4th of July in Delta.......... (1999)
Sometimes the 4th of July is in Seattle, with fireworks in the church parking lot in the rain (1998)......................
And parades where you needed a jacket (2000)..............
With fireworks over the Puget Sound (2000) ......................
But a lot of them were spent in Cedar City and over the years we've spent a lot of time helping with the parade, watching the kids march in parades (band, dance, etc), and just watching parades...............
And then every year after the parade, we moved over to the park where we helped the Lions Club at the fish pond or we sold cotton candy, balloons, and snow cones. We were rewarded with a hot dog or hamburger and a drink and, occasionally, some of what we were selling. But mostly we were rewarded with the smiles of the people....and the kids.
4th of July 2005
Fireworks at Enoch City Park
4th of July 2006
So there you have it ............more memories of the 4th of July than you really had time to read, but that's okay --
I had fun making the trip down memory lane .........

2 comments:
Fun fun! I love the 4th, too!
Oh, I bet that was so hot for dad. And I think I look like Maren in the 1980 picture.
Post a Comment