Saturday, January 5, 2008

January 2008

Well, another year has gone by - that might not be significant for some of you, but I'm starting to count the years. When I hit the "half a century" mark, I couldn't believe it. Now I'm slowly working my way into the second half.


Our Christmas was a little different this year, as all of the family spent Christmas in their own homes or with other family. After picking up Nicole in Provo, we were able to make a swing through the Wasatch front during the weekend before Christmas to visit with family, deliver presents, and wish them a "Merry Christmas" in person. Saturday afternoon, we visited with Carolyn & Dustin and the kids and Dustin's mom. We went to dinner with Lynnette & Jim on Saturday evening and played Scrabble afterwards. We tried, but we weren't able to out-spell Jim! We stayed at Jen's for the night and spent Sunday with Jen & Jeff & Elias. Sunday evening we (Jen & Jeff & Elias, Nicole, Carolyn & Dustin & Avery, Maren & Ryan, Lana) drove to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights. It was cold, but we had a fun time, and the lights were pretty.








We headed home Monday morning with blue skies and a sunny day -- good thing we left when we did because the storm hit the Wasatch Front at noon and Cedar City later that evening. We drove around Enoch looking at Christmas lights in a blowing snowstorm.




We had a fun Christmas with Nicole. Despite her Dad's hopes to sleep in, she got us up at 4:30 a.m. But because there were only the three of us this year (as you can tell by the stockings hung on the railing), we were back in bed by 6 a.m. and Nicole and I slept until 10:30 a.m.!





From the pictures we saw, it looked like Chad & Rosa and Khalina & Ammon had a fun Christmas in Seattle.









James & Monica and the girls spent Christmas with his family in New York and then flew out to see us on the 28th of December. Nicole and I picked them up at the Las Vegas Airport. That was exciting -- me driving the truck in Las Vegas traffic! James flew back on the 9th so he would be home in time for school. Monica and the girls stayed longer and we took them to the airport to fly back to Illinois on the 18th.













Carolyn & Jen and their kids and Lynnette & Nicole came down for a visit while Monica was here. "Grampy" really wanted to take the grandkids sledding while they were here, so we bundled everyone up and headed over to the hill by Canyon View High School. I'm never quite sure who has the most fun when we do things like that - Grampy or the kids?




























1 comment:

Carolyn said...

That was a lot of fun! I was really surprised at how fun the sledding was. It probably helps to have warm clothes. Your pics looked great. Thanks for posting so we could see everyone else's Christmas. Love ya!