Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Welcome To Our World!

Well, we finally decided to try the world of "blogging". We felt like "Shurtz Senior Moments" was appropriate since we seem to have them every once in awhile -- it must come with the territory: senior rates at Sizzler, at some motels, etc, etc. However, believe it or not - we aren't eligible for senior rates at the movies! By the time we are eligible, we may not want to go to the movies anymore. Anyway, since we are the most "senior" of this particular Shurtz clan (alias Grampy & Grandma Dot) we chose that title.

I'm not sure how often we'll post to it, but we'll give it a try. The "I" at this particular point in time is "Grandma Dot". So as my first official news of this blog -- I became a winner today! Yup! They had a drawing at work, and I won a small 15" flat screen tv! It actually looks like a computer monitor. I was very surprised and excited -- I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have won anything in all the years of my life. However, I did win a pig once. (No, it wasn't a live pig.) Anyway, I'm not sure what we'll do with a third tv, but we'll figure something out.

4 comments:

Monica said...

congrats on the blog and the t.v. - I think that you should put the t.v. in Spiffy's corral.

Carolyn said...

Way to be hip and modern mom and dad! Congratulations on winning, too. I must have gotten that bad luck gene from you because I never win anything either. And I enter a lot of stuff.

Monica said...

I am just glad we sold you our TV before you won that one. In a way, we won right along with you.

(this is the Mo in mo and jayme)

Carolyn said...

Avery loves gramma and grampy shurtz and maren does too.
Love,
Avery