Sunday, February 7, 2010

Winter in the mountains and mountain valleys


The snow keeps coming and I keep shoveling it. We love the white look of everything around us.  It does give me some exercise the old fashion way - work.

I had to go to get hay for Spiffy and saw a beautiful bald eagle in a tree, looking over the snowey valley and probably looking for food.

I took to the mountains for fun, adventure and some beautiful views.  Cross country skiing is so cheap and such good exercise.  There is plenty of clean cold and thin mountain air to breathe.  I made my way to the overlooks and was careful not to get too close.





3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Thank you for not getting too close.

Nicole said...

It looks so pretty. I miss the mountains. It looks so nice here too, everything covered in thick white snow. I just wish the Rockies were lining my view.

Jen said...

We're glad you didn't ski over the edge. Looks like a fun!