I've tried to make an effort to post to this blog at least once a month, but somehow the month of April went by a little fast. It's officially (according to the calendar) spring. However, we've had such a changing weather pattern that I'm never sure what season it will be when I go out the door. It can be bright and sunny during the day with a temperature somewhere around 60 degrees and drop to 19 degrees at night. It can snow hard all day (but never stick to the road) and be all melted by the end of the day. After being cold all week, Saturday the temperature wasn't too bad, but it was quite windy. We spent the day painting the fence along the back of the yard and half of the fence between us and the neighbors. We would have kept going, but we ran out of paint. So we'll have to make another run to the store so we can finish the fence and the deck.
The family room downstairs actually looks like a room again. We still need to finish up the casing around the doors and the floorboards, but it's actually quite nice down there. We bought a short pool stick, so you can shoot from anywhere around the table now.
April has been busy and is getting busier. We finished up the title searches for the tax sales for another year. Nicole drove down one Saturday to help. Carolyn & Dustin and family came down conference weekend, and Carolyn helped for awhile. We braved the cold breeze that was blowing and had a picnic in the park at Parowan in between conference sessions.
Nicole is finishing up at BYU this month and then leaves for China on the 29th for a study abroad semester in dance. She will "officially" graduate when she gets back, but she'll "walk" with her class at graduation this week. Monica and the girls flew in from Illinois today to stay for a couple of weeks to spend time with the family while James concentrates on studying for finals. We also have a new grandchild due sometime in the next week or so. So we have a busy week ahead of us and a lot to look forward to.

1 comment:
So...I know that this exposes how very terrible I am at keeping track of cousins without blogs...but which of your kids is having a baby in the next week or so? Oh I hope it's not someone I've seen in the last little bit and I'm just woefully unobservant/forgetful.
Post a Comment